Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in our newspaper and stuck it on my bulletin board. When I cleaned it off I saw that I hadn't made this yet so I wanted to post it before I lost the recipe!
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml pecan pieces
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix
- 236.59 ml Kahlua
- 78.07 ml half-and-half
- 59.14 ml half-and-half
- 1 large egg
- 118.29 ml egg substitute
- 118.29 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Coat the inside of a Bundt pan well with cooking spray.
- Place chocolate chips and pecan pieces in a 2-cup measure and toss to blend.
- Sprinkle in the bottom of the pan.
- Combine cake mix, Kahlua, half and half (combined), egg and egg substitute in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat on low speed with electric mixer for about 30 seconds.
- Scrape sides of bowl and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Scrape bowl occasionally.
- Stir in coconut and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (about 40-45 minutes).
- Cool completely.
Made for my friend's birthday and it received rave reviews. Used two eggs instead of the substitute. The nutty/chocolate top makes this cake special. I served with freshly whipped cream.
this was very good, I used 2 whole eggs in place of the substitute and the 1 egg, I also used 1/3 cup coconut milk and 1/4 cup half and half cream, I had the coconut milk in my fridge that needed to be used up, both changes worked well for this, thanks for sharing Mary!