English Cream Tea Scones
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; blend well.
- Using a pastry blender or fork, cut cold Butter into small slices and blend with the flour mixture until the flour mixture is crumbly looking.
- Add in the Whipping cream and stir.
- On a floured surface, gently knead dough 5 or 6 times.
- Cut dough in half.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and press each half into an 8inch circle about 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges each but do not separate.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello, <br />I am a southerner, born and raised here in the deep south. I have many interest and you could probably call me a jack of all trades, master of none! Currently I am a school bus driver, before that I was a Costumer and manager/ buyer for a Costume shop, before that I spent a few years as a graphic designer. For the past 15 years in my free time, I have studied Medieval history and hope to one day get a degree in it. <br />I have 4 wonderful kitty's who allow me to live with them If I bribe them with food. Hehe, other wise they mutiny! I love snow skiing, mountain climbing,and archeology digs,most of which are not conducive to the south, so Its a good thing I love to travel! <br />Of course I love to cook and horde recipes like they are gold, I am also a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism's (SCA), where I am a baroness, painter of manuscripts, and leader of the local group. Thus my name. <br />One of the things I like doing in the SCA is cooking period food for 300 or so of my friends, after researching recipes and redacting them to suit modern taste. I have always been interested in different cultures and food is a wonderful way to experience a taste of someone else's world. Thats when I found Recipe ZAAR, and I have been enjoying new friendships and some great food here! <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /></p>