Recipe by ValFosburgh
These are so much fun to eat and share with friends around the holidays. Everyone loves them! I found a recipe for homemade Kahlua, so I might try to use it next time. The dried fruit gives it a moist, chewy texture, too.
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup chopped candied red cherries
- 1⁄3 cup chopped golden raisin
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups fine vanilla wafer crumbs (roughly 1 box)
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
For the outer coating
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cocoa powder (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup coconut (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In one bowl, combine Kahlua with syrup and chopped fruits.
- In another bowl, blend sugar, cocoa, crumbs and nuts.
- Combine the mixtures well.
- Roll into balls.
- Roll the balls in desired coating (sugar, cocoa, coconut, nuts).
- Freeze or store in airtight container.