Recipe by Marie in NYC
I made this for the work holiday party after experimenting with a few similar recipes. It was very good and was the first dessert finished! The best part is that it is really easy to make. I used Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mix, and Jell-O Sugar Free Fat Free chocolate pudding because that's what I had in the house - but I'm sure any brand of cake mix and any type of chocolate pudding would work well. I made it the day before so the syrup had plenty of time to soak into the cake.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (1 ounce) box fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1 cup dark chocolate (chopped or morsels)
- chocolate syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan (or a 9" x 13" pan).
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix.
- Mix in eggs, water, vegetable oil and Kahlua. Blend thoroughly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out without batter.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a serving dish.
- Prick top and sides of cake. Drizzle chocolate syrup over the top and sides.
- Store and serve cake at room temperature.