Recipe by Ebony Enchantress
I found this cake online years ago, and have altered it to my tastes. I get rave reviews everytime I make it. I hope you enjoy it as well.
Top Review by bbqwalt
A little too sweet but we enjoyed it. Tried one batch white cake with Vanilla pudding and white chips. We had French Vanilla Kahlua that had been sitting around for a long time. We did not make the frosting because it was already very sweet.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (without pudding added)
- 1 (5 7/8 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua or 1⁄3 cup other coffee liqueur
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bundt pan thoroughly.
- Mix the first six ingredients together well (for those who are lactose intolerant, you can substitute regular sour cream with a non-dairy substitute sour cream. It does not effect the taste).
- Spoon in chocolate chips and pour cake bater into bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and cool for ten minutes before inverting onto plate or cake saver.
- Drizzle Icing over cooled cake.
- For icing - mix two or three tablespoons of Kahlua with powdered sugar and purified water to taste (should be a thick, syrupy consistency).