Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I remember making this easy recipe and loving it as a teenager. From the Family Recipe Box, a newspaper clipping taped to a card, no date but I know I collected it when I was a teenager and made it then (so around 1980).
- 1 quart cottage cheese
- 1 cup crushed Ritz cracker
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 8 ounces longhorn cheese, grated
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 (4 ounce) cansmild whole green chilies
- Butter a large rectangular baking dish.
- Mix cottage cheese, crackers, eggs, onion, and parsley and put half into dish.
- Top with layers of grated cheese and peppers, then cover with remaining cottage cheese mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Very good and very easy - enough said. Just made this for a family gathering and it was a success. I did reduce the cottage cheese quantity by half and added a little red salsa on top before baking. Thanks for sharing!
This was a very easy and delicious casserole. I made a mistake and mixed the shredded cheese in with the cottage cheese but it tasted delicious! I made this and froze part of it for the freezer tag game. It froze and reheated beautifully. I reheated a single serving for about 1-1/2 minutes in the microwave and it was perfect.