Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
May not need all of dressing.
- 1 large broccoli
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 3 -5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Soaked the raisins in water for 20 minutes, meanwhile chop the broccoli into very small pieces.
- Mix it with the onions, cheddar cubes and bacon.
- For the dressing mix mayo, vinegar and sugar all together.
- Add raisins and sunflower seeds to broccoli mix.
- Mix a little dressing at a time, you may not need to use all of it.
A favourite at our house. I often omit the raisins as I am the only one who likes them, but otherwise I make it as shown.
We liked this alot....this was our 'meal' tonight! I tossed the broccoli and onion into the food processor and pulsed it a few times, dumped it into a bowl and added the remainder of the ingredients and then the 'dressing'. I did use 'McCormick Mayonesa', which contains lime juice.( I love this stuff!!) Thanks for the recipe MsPia
I have made this recipe several times and everyone always raves about it. I generally use red onions and omit raisins.