- 6 ounces self raising flour
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter or 1 1⁄2 ounces margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 small egg
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 4 ounces currants or 4 ounces sultanas
- 1⁄2 ounce lemon, rind of, chopped
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 400f.
- Grease a 8-9inch log tin.
- Sift flour and pinch of salt.
- Place butter, egg, milk, sugar and half the flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the rest of the flour, the currants/sultanas and mix through.
- Spread into log tin, making a hollow in the centre.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When cool mix icing sugar and a little water together and drizzle over the top of cake.