1/4 Photos of Johnny Jalapeno's Chicken Enchiladas With Cilantro
Sittin around the campfire one night, RickyMac of the McDaniel gang told us a story of how one day Johnny went down to the swimmin hole and was having fun all day swingin from the rope tree into the water, cowboy boots and all!. Well, that last dip he come up from the water with the strangest look on his face. He yelled "There's a snake in my boot!" He jumped outta them boots and took off runnin like a chicken. He run so fast, he run right through a field of cilantro. When he came into a clearing, feeling safe at last, he stopped, looked down at his feet, and said "Look!, I got Cilan-toes! Hence: This Chicken with Cilan-toes recipe was born!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 -4 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin (or to taste)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2FILLING: Heat butter and oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken, garlic, jalapenos, and green onion. Sprinkle with cumin, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until heated thru.
- 3Add the cream cheese, stirring to incorporate until melted. Stir in sour cream, season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- 4ENCHILADAS: To each tortilla, place some of the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with some Mexican cheese blend (about 2 Tbsp inside each enchilada). Roll up and place seam side down into the baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- 5To the skillet the chicken mixture was in (no need to wash the pan first), combine the enchilada sauce, picante sauce, and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer then pour over top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with cilantro followed with remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 40 minutes until heated thru.
- 6Let rest 5-10 minutes to set. Serve with a dollop of additional sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Johnny Jalapeno's Chicken Enchiladas With Cilantro
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 862.6
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 151.7 mg
- Sodium 2144.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 36.9 g