1/2 Photos of Jim's Easy Mushroom Sauce for Steak
Mika G.'s Note:
This is a rich, wonderful mushroom sauce my husband found. He made a steak dinner for me (and the kids) so I could enjoy watching the Oscars. This was my favorite part of the dinner! It's fantastic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute mushrooms in butter and oil for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add red wine and simmer for a few minutes.
- 3Add beef broth and simmer to reduce a bit, about 5 minutes.
- 4Combine flour and cold water and whisk until smooth. Stir into the mushrooms until well blended.
- 5Season to taste and simmer for about 1 minute, until thickened. If too thick, add a bit more broth.
- 6Add parsley.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jim's Easy Mushroom Sauce for Steak
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.3
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 264.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g