A new twist on Fajita that livens up an old favorite.
Make and share this Jiffy Mix Fajita Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- grease 12" pizza pan.
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Heat skillet and add oil.
- Saute chicken for 5 minutes.
- Add green pepper and onion.
- Continue cooking until tender.
- Remove from heat and add salsa.
- Set aside.
- For crust, blend baking mix with water.
- Turn dough on surface dusted with baking mix or flour.
- Knead until dough is not sticky.
- Press on prepared pan.
- Spread 1/2 cup cheese on crust and top with chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
A very easy recipe. Excellent. I used green and red pepper, about 1 cup total. Also a bit more onion. A Mexican blend cheese, but basically the same thing. A medium heat salsa, but did add some red pepper flakes when I served it. Olive oil was key and topped the whole thing before baking with some grated parm, especially around the edge, but it gave it a nice pizza flavor. Fun recipe, excellent flavor. Thx for posting, I always have Jiffy or Bisquick in the cabinet, so this was great. I did bake mine on a pizza stone.
What a great recipe! It was easy and fun to make, even though I didn't have a pizza pan. I used olive oil, Italian 4-cheese blend, and Tostitos red salsa. I served it with grated parmesan cheese, chives and red pepper flakes. I will make this again! Made for PAC Spring 2010.