Montana Heart Song's Note:
I have to find recipes that meet strict requirements. This is a refreshing taste. Keeps well and is filling. I use jicama regularly because it is sweet, crunchy and full of water. It is ideal to use in salads. Enjoy! This is vegetarian but you may add diced cooked chicken, diced cooked turkey or chunked tuna.
My Private Note
large s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 jicama, peeled, cut in julienne strips, then into small chunks
- 1 whole sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup sweet white onion, diced
- 1 large scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 (3 ounce) package Top Ramen noodles, broken in small pieces. reserve seasoning packet
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1Place prepared vegetables in a large salad bowl.
- 2Add broken noodles. Mix together.
- 3Mix salad dressing ingredients in separate bowl.
- 4Add seasoning packet. Mix well.
- 5Pour half of the dressing on the fruit and vegetables.
- 6Toss to mix.
- 7Add the balance of the salad dressing.
- 8Cover and chill until serving or serve immediately.
- 9Can be made 4 to 6 hours ahead if required.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jicama & Sweet Red Pepper Veggie Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.2
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 620.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Top Ramen noodles