Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is from one of my aunties and it was so good. She made it with a fresh red pepper but I like to use roasted red pepper.
- 1 jicama, peeled and sliced (like french fries)
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup lime juice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- roasted red pepper, to taste
- cilantro, chopped (1/3 of a bunch)
- Peel and cut the jicama in french fry like shapes. Mix together the oil, sugar, lime juice until the sugar has dissolved. Then add the chopped green onions, chopped cilantro, minced garlic and roasted red pepper.
- Mix together well and then add jicama - stir to coat and place in airtight container. I like to let this marinate overnight but would as least let it marinate for a few hours.