Recipe by Miss Annie in Indy
This recipe has such a nice crisp texture. Not overly sweet, would make a nice change of pace for coleslaw. I came up with this just experimenting. I think chopped walnuts would also be good in this.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Did use the carrot but opted out when it came to the cayenne pepper ~ I find the combo of jicama, carrot & apple just great! Yet another wonderful way to use jicama! Thanks for a very nice keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy CHoices ABC cooking game]
- 1 lb jicama
- 1 large granny smith apple (or apple of choice)
- 1 carrot (optional)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used soynaise)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sugar (I used splenda)
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel jicama and cut into chunks.
- Wash apple, core and cut into chunks.
- Wash carrot, peel if needed, cut into chunks.
- Add above chunks to food processor and pulse until desired texture is reached (3-5 pulses should do it).
- Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients, whisk until smooth.
- Taste for desired seasoning, adjust accordingly.
- Pour over vegetable mixture and toss.
- May be served immediately or refrigerate and let flavors meld.