Recipe by cellogirl2
Browned ground beef mixed with dried taco seasoning is layered in a casserole with canned refried beans and salsa. It is topped with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and baked.
Top Review by seesko
We liked this. However, not alone. When I plopped it on my family's plates they looked at me like I was crazy. Pulled out some tortillas and everyone was thrilled. Used it as the tortilla filling and topped with shredded lettuce. Yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, and drain fat.
- Mix in dry taco seasoning.
- Spoon browned meat into a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Spoon a layer of refried beans over meat, then salsa.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake about 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven.