Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this in a Pillsbury cookbook. I'll update when I've had a chance to try it. You may substitute a ready made Caribbean jerk marinade or jerk dry rub for the first 7 ingredients listed. Then marinate and bake as directed. Prep time does not include the time the wings marinate.
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (about 3 to 4 cloves)
- 3 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (adjust for personal preference)
- 1 (3 lb) package chicken drummettes, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (may use low or fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (may use low or fat free)
- In large nonmetal bowl, combine thyme, brown sugar, garlic, allspice, salt, vinegar and hot pepper sauce; mix well.
- Add chicken wings; toss to coat evenly.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line 2 15 x 10 x 1 in baking pans with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken wings in sprayed pans.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Bake at 425 for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all dipping sauce ingredients; blend well.
- Serve sauce with chicken wings.
These were really delicious! Really liked the sauce too...next time around I will definitely make them hotter!!! Made these for the Farm Cooking at Long Meadow Farm with Andi!!!! Thanks! Jelly :)