Recipe by Sassychef1948
I found this in a Pillsbury cookbook. I'll update when I've had a chance to try it. You may substitute a ready made Caribbean jerk marinade or jerk dry rub for the first 7 ingredients listed. Then marinate and bake as directed. Prep time does not include the time the wings marinate.
Top Review by HotPepperRosemaryJelly
These were really delicious! Really liked the sauce too...next time around I will definitely make them hotter!!! Made these for the Farm Cooking at Long Meadow Farm with Andi!!!! Thanks! Jelly :)
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (about 3 to 4 cloves)
- 3 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (adjust for personal preference)
- 1 (3 lb) package chicken drummettes, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (may use low or fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (may use low or fat free)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large nonmetal bowl, combine thyme, brown sugar, garlic, allspice, salt, vinegar and hot pepper sauce; mix well.
- Add chicken wings; toss to coat evenly.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line 2 15 x 10 x 1 in baking pans with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken wings in sprayed pans.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Bake at 425 for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all dipping sauce ingredients; blend well.
- Serve sauce with chicken wings.