1/2 Photos of Jenny's Barbecued Meatballs
Another delicious treat from my friend Jenny. Jenny uses the oatmeal, but I usually use the bread. I also like dijon mustard. Jenny served this as a main dish over rice, along with her Corn Bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal or 2 cups white bread, torn into cubes
- 1 cup milk (I use skim)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 2/3 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Soak bread or oatmeal in milk until softened.
- 3Meanwhile, combine remaining meatball ingredients in a large bowl.
- 4Add soaked bread and mix well (I add any remaining liquid).
- 5Form into large meatballs and place into an ungreased 9x13" casserole.
- 6Combine sauce ingredients and pour over meatballs.
- 7Bake in oven for 45 minutes for large meatballs, or 25 minutes if you prefer mini meatballs.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jenny's Barbecued Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.9
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Sodium 1243.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 27.9 g