Recipe by MythThyng
I hate egg salad, Gerald loves it, so I made this.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Absolutely lovely~in every-way! I followed this exactly, and I have to say, I love, love, that fact that you don't add all the yolks! This makes a lighter, both nutritionally, and color wise fabulous bite of egg salad. Otherwise, followed to the tee! :) Thanks so much for adding such a lovely egg salad! I served mine sitting on atop fresh lettuces.
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (used Olive Oil Mayo)
- 1⁄4 cup celery top (leaves)
- 1⁄4 cup vidalia onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried mustard
- 3 -4 drops champagne vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eggs in half, remove yolks. Subtract 1 whole yolk, toss it or use it for salad fixings.
- Chop egg whites into uniform pieces.
- Mash remaining yolks and fold in mayonnaise.
- Add vinegar to yolk and mayonnaise mixture to make dressing.
- In separate bowl combine all other ingredients.
- Carefully fold dressing into the other ingredients.
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve on bread, lettuce cups, or crackers.