Recipe by ScoutDad450
This is my step mother's summer sausage recipe. It makes for a great party food; however, my family always takes a roll along with us on camping trips as a high protein, delicious snack.
- 3 -4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons morton tender quick
- 4 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped jalapeno pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large mixing bowl.
- Split the mixture into 4 or 5 balls. Put each ball onto a sheet of aluminum foil (shiny side inside).
- Work mixture into long sticks (about 1 1/2" round) so when sliced it will fit a cracker. Close up the roll in foil and seal both ends.
- Put rolls in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Using a broiler pan, take the top off and fill with 1/2 cup of water. Replace top of broiler pan. Poke 4 holes in the bottom of each roll. Set roll on broiler pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 3 hours.
- Remove rolls, open & cool.
- Slice and serve.