Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tweaked from Eating Well magazine - a great twist on the tangy salad served at sushi restaurants.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 medium red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- Combine first eight ingredients and blend well.
- Toss spinach, carrot, bell pepper and almonds in dressing.