Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very popular sauce used for the japanese barbeque. Usually served with salmon but goes well with beef dishes as well. From the "Japanese Country Cookbook, by Russ Rudsinski. Altered by my mom.
- 3 ounces toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup Japanese soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons togarashi pepper (see note)
- 1 tablespoon chopped white onions or 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cooked egg yolk (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a small blender.
- Blend till smooth.
- Note: Togarashi is a Japanese seasoning made of crushed red pepper and other condiments, blended into a powder. Red or black pepper may be substituted.