Recipe by Adam_A
I thought this up while browsing the new "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian." I'm a hummus enthusiast and thought this would be a good twist on the classic idea.
- 1 lb frozen shelled edamame
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder (more or less to taste)
- 1 large garlic clove
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare frozen edamame according to packaged instructions (typically boiling for 4-5 minutes should suffice.
- Drain cooked edamame and place back in pot with cold water. Allow edamame 10 minutes to cool.
- Place edamame in food processor. Add all ingredients. Puree in food processor. Add water slowly through the drip top, until desired thickness is reached.
- Serve with baby carrots, cucumber slices, or other vegetables.