This is a very simple, versatile soup adapted from a recipe called Kenchin-Jiru. You can also use pork, beef or your favorite seafood. I sometimes add konyaku to this dish just for something different. (times are estimates)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup boneless skinless chicken (cut to bite size pieces)
- 1 carrot, cut bite size
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 1 celery, sliced thin at an angle
- 1 potato, cut into half rounds
- 1 daikon radish, cut into half rounds
- 10 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 -6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup miso (dissolved in some water)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I use kikkoman lite)
- 2 stalks green onions, finely sliced for garnish
- 1Stir fry chicken and vegetables in oil over medium heat for a few minutes.
- 2Add broth; bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer.
- 3Add half of the miso mix.
- 4When vegetables are cooked, add remaining ingredients (except green onion).
- 5Garnish with green onion.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1628.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken