Miyabi Japanese Onion Soup
photo by Tallie in Pacific NW
- Ready In:
- Combine beef and chicken stock in a pot.
- Add carrot, onion and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Discard the carrot, onion and garlic and strain the soup through cheesecloth.
- Place a small amount of each of the green onions, mushrooms and french fried onions in serving bowls and ladle the broth over them. Serve.
I made this my family(I'm only 15 and would like to be a chief in the future) I did it a bit different I didn't put the Durkee onions or mushrooms in, I added about a tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and table salt. My family said it was the best soup they ever had and they really meant it. I encourage you to try this way of making it it really turned out great. I wish i could show you guys a picture but the family ate it all before i could get one.
Pretty darn good. I did a few things differently. I added a 1/4 of soy sauce into the mix of the ingredients as well as putting 6 cups of chicken broth and 4 cups of beef broth. I do believe the chicken broth is still over powering the overall flavor in my opinion. Maybe 5 and 5? Getting closer though!
Excellent! DH was so impressed that he told me to keep this recipe close by because he wants to see it often. I cut the recipe down to 2 1/2 servings and it worked great. I think next time I will add a touch of soy sauce or possibly sesame oil for more of an Asian flavor. But excellent as it is. This is very easy to prepare and turns into a wonderful starter to a meal. Thanks for posting. :) Made for Spring PAC 2011