Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom has made this for as long as I can remember andit is fantastic. I believe she picked it up while being a military wife trading recipes.
- 2 broiler chickens
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 head lettuce
- 2 stalks green onions
- 1⁄2 cup roasted almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 cups chinese noodles (the crispy ones)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon msg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a stock pot put the chicken, bouillon, ginger and enough water to cover.
- 2. When the chicken is done, debone and shred. Discard broth.
- 3. In a large bowl, put the lettuce, chicken, noodles, green onions, almonds, and seasame seeds.
- 4. Prepare the dresing. It may be prepared ahead of time.
- 5. Proir to serving add the dressing and mix well.
- 6. Serve immediately.