1/1 Photo of Jamie's Pork Fried Rice W/ Veggies
Pork Fried Rice w/ Veggies. My husband likes it because he says he knows where the meat came from, and he loves it. I also like it since the ingredients are what most people have at home. I made this hoping I would have leftovers for lunch the next day.... Nope, it was so good there was none left!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6-7 pork chops, thinly sliced (fat trimmed off)
- 236.59 ml carrot, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped in chunks
- 236.59 ml celery, sliced
- 236.59 ml broccoli, chopped
- 236.59 ml frozen sweet peas
- 6-7 eggs, scrambled*
- 946.36 ml white rice, cooked & chilled
- 1Mix all sauce ingredients except the wine (you will use later later). Put pork in a shallow dish an pour just enough sauce to coat the pork, save the rest. Marinate for at least 1 hour in refrigerator.
- 2In a hot wok or large skillet cook pork until pink is gone, when the juices are starting to turn black & caramelize on skillet. Remove the pork & cut into this strips about 1 inch long & set aside. Add wine into the hot skillet and simmer to get all of the good caramelized bits up off of the skillet and pour all of it into the remaining sauce that was set aside.
- 3In hot skillet put in some olive oil to coat the bottom. Add carrots, wait a minute to add celery & onion. Keep veggies moving while cooking. Add broccoli & frozen sweet peas. Cook veggies al dente. Toss in eggs (*I cook mine in the center of pan but you can pre-scramble if you want) add pork, cooked rice & remaining sauce. Toss around skillet until mixed well. Enjoy as a meal with some eggrolls or a side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamie's Pork Fried Rice W/ Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 786.2
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 242.4 mg
- Sodium 846.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: