Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pork Fried Rice w/ Veggies. My husband likes it because he says he knows where the meat came from, and he loves it. I also like it since the ingredients are what most people have at home. I made this hoping I would have leftovers for lunch the next day.... Nope, it was so good there was none left!
- 6-7 pork chops, thinly sliced (fat trimmed off)
- 236.59 ml carrot, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped in chunks
- 236.59 ml celery, sliced
- 236.59 ml broccoli, chopped
- 236.59 ml frozen sweet peas
- 6-7 eggs, scrambled*
- 946.36 ml white rice, cooked & chilled
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml hot sauce
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml celery salt
- 4.92 ml minced dried onion
- 59.14 ml dry white wine (do not mix in with other sauce ingredients until cooked)
- Mix all sauce ingredients except the wine (you will use later later). Put pork in a shallow dish an pour just enough sauce to coat the pork, save the rest. Marinate for at least 1 hour in refrigerator.
- In a hot wok or large skillet cook pork until pink is gone, when the juices are starting to turn black & caramelize on skillet. Remove the pork & cut into this strips about 1 inch long & set aside. Add wine into the hot skillet and simmer to get all of the good caramelized bits up off of the skillet and pour all of it into the remaining sauce that was set aside.
- In hot skillet put in some olive oil to coat the bottom. Add carrots, wait a minute to add celery & onion. Keep veggies moving while cooking. Add broccoli & frozen sweet peas. Cook veggies al dente. Toss in eggs (*I cook mine in the center of pan but you can pre-scramble if you want) add pork, cooked rice & remaining sauce. Toss around skillet until mixed well. Enjoy as a meal with some eggrolls or a side.
Great sauce, make extra.
This was really good! I used a 2 pound pork loin roast and pre-sliced the meat before marinating it, but followed the recipe to a T besides that. The only thing I will do differently next time is to double the sauce. We like our fried rice a little bit sloppy. Thank you for a great easy meal JLTaylor04. Made for New Kids on the Block Game.