The best grilled vegetables with taste! Most grilled vegies get soggy and taste like the dressing or marinade used with them rather than the taste of the vegie. This recipe gives you the opposite. Use whatever vegetables you like to grill and whichever herbs you have on hand or even citrus in place of the basil. This is from Jamie's Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash your vegetables.
- 2Heat the grill or griddle pan, put the whole peppers on and get them black on all sides.
- 3While still hot, put them in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave to cool.
- 4Slice the zucchini 1/4" thick and do the same to the fennel, reserving the herby tops.
- 5Grill the zucchini and fennel together on the grill for about a minute on each side, or until nicely charred. You don't want them too black or too raw.
- 6Remove to a clean dish towel in one layer, making sure they don't sit on top of each other or they will steam and get soggy.
- 7Cut the eggplant across into slices 1/2" thick.
- 8Grill the slices, turning 4 times to get the nice grill marks.
- 9Remove to the towel.
- 10Boil the baby leeks in salted water until they're just cooked.
- 11Drain and rub with a little olive oil, and grill until lightly marked.
- 12Peel the peppers and cut into strips.
- 13Put all the grilled vegetables into a big bowl.
- 14Take about 1/4 of the basil leaves and bash them with a mortar and pestle with a good pinch of seasoning until you have a smooth pulp.
- 15Add about 8 TBS of extra virgin olive oil and the vinegar, to taste.
- 16Pout this over the vegetables and toss quickly so that everything gets coated in the lovely basil oil, then throw in the remining basil leaves.
- 17Slice the garlic really thin to give you a delicate flavor and add to the bowl along with the fennel tops.
- 18Mix everything together, and serve on a large plate at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamie Oliver's Grilled Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.5
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 81.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar