Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Prepared jambalaya mix is combined with chopped smoked sausage and chicken, then stuffed into roasted poblano peppers, then topped with Creole seasoned sauteed shrimp and a ranch remoulade sauce. I just Zatarains jambalaya mix.
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 4 teaspoons creole mustard or 4 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 8 poblano peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) box jambalaya rice mix (such as Zatarains)
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked smoked sausage
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined with tail left on
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons creole seasoning or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Whisk together all ranch dressing, yogurt, chili sauce mustard, lemon juice and Tabasco in a small bowl and refrigerate until needed. Heat broiler and line broiler pan with foil.
- Place poblanos on pan and broil until blackened all over, turning frequently. Place in a plastic bag a few minutes to steam. Meanwhile, prepare jambalaya mix according to package directions. Stir in the sausage and chicken. Cut a slit lengthwise in each poblano. Carefully remove ribs and seeds. Stuff with jambalaya mixture, using about 3/4 cup for each. Place in a sprayed baking pan and bake until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp with Creole seasoning. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet and cook shrimp until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Place poblanos on 8 serving plates. Top each with 2 shrimp and drizzle with remoulade.