Recipe by nsomniak6
This is a recipe from elsewhere on the web, but I've had the recipe so long I can't remember where I got it from. I don't use the scotch bonnet pepper, I use 2 jalepenos.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pigeon peas or 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 whole scotch bonnet pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the liquid from the can of beans into a measuring cup, add the can of coconut milk and enough chicken stock to make four cups of liquid.
- Place liquids in a pot with beans, onions, garlic, butter, and thyme. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and stir. Reduce heat to med-low. Place scotch bonnet pepper on top of liquid and cover tightly.
- Cook 20-25 minutes Remove pepper before serving.