Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
The skin/outside is very spicy but the meat is mild enough for kids, well, my kids at least.
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon allspice berry, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 7 lbs chicken, quartered
- In a food processor, combine the first 10 ingredients and process to a coarse paste.
- With the machine on, add soy sauce and oil in a steady stream.
- pour into a bowl, marinate chicken overnight.
- Let chicken come to room temperature before grilling.
- Grill for 35 - 40 minutes.