Prep 12 hrs
Cook 7 mins
I'm glad someone requested this recipe. I had forgoten I had it and it's excellent. I love to have sliced fresh pineapple with this french toast for breakfast. Enjoy!
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf thickly sliced bread
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- Cut french bread into 1& 1/2 inch slices.
- Place slices on a wire rack and let stand overnight.
- In a large bowl whip together the orange juice, whipping cream, eggs, cinnamon, mutmeg, ginger and sugar.
- Whisk until very well blended and frothy.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Lay bread on top of egg mixture for 1 minute.
- Turn and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large heavy skilled melt half the butter over medium high heat.
- Place half the soaked bread into the hot pan and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn and brown the other side.
- Remove and set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining butter and soaked bread slices.
- Serve hot with sliced fruit, powdered sugar and syrup.
This was excellant! It would be wonderful for a brunch, and went together very quickly.
This was really good. I used Texas Toast (bread) instead of frencb bread. It's a thick sliced bread. The only thing is, is that the french toast was a little soggy in the middle after I cooked it. Is it supposed to be? I think next time I make this I will cook it a lower heat and a little longer.