I'm not sure where this came from -- I just recently unearthed it from a stack of index cards. It's excellent served on crackers or rye toast. It's quick, easy, and vegan!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts
- Heat oil over medium heat and saute onions and mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- Add water, cover pan, and cook for 8 minutes over medium heat.
- There should be a small amount of water left in the pan at this time.
- Meanwhile, chop walnuts in food processor.
- Add the mushroom mixture to the walnuts in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Good but bland. Quite easy to make. I'm going to try it adding finely chopped crisp bacon. Instead of water, I used sherry. Also, I added 1/2 stick of butter and 2 oz. cream cheese, and a splash of Tabasco. Kind of made it a smoother pate'. It might be better if you take the time to caramelize the onions. Thanks for posting.