photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- Beat eggs with milk.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, orange juice, and salt until well combined.
- Heat about 2 tsp.of butter in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Dip bread in egg mixture and lay in butter.(not you-the bread!).
- Reduce heat to medium and cook bread a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- (My pan holds 2 pieces at a time.) Repeat with remaining bread, adding more butter to skillet, as needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This French toast had a wonderful texture and flavor. It was very quick, and simple to make. I'd been craving french toast for a few days, and after trying a serving of this, I am completely convinced I'll have these cravings more often. I halved the recipe, and substituted the orange juice for a little orange extract, and the sugar for splenda.
I made this twice with Yogi's tasty bun recipe.. I made a loaf of that bread just to try out some new french toast recipes.. and I made this recipe for french toast..TWICE already... once with Orange Juice, and the other time using lemon juice instead of orange juice. Both times it was absolutely marvelous!!!!! When I made it with Lemon, I left out the vanilla.. and it was fabulous!!! :-) Thanks for the recipe!!!