Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
I hate to say that I haven't tried this recipe yet, because it sounds so yummy! I am putting it here for safe keeping. If you like it HOT, don't de-vein or seed the jalapenos.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs shrimp, uncooked, shelled and deveined
- 2 cups fresh cilantro, loosely packed and chopped
- 4 -6 fresh jalapenos, coarsely chopped, seeded and deveined
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them for 20 min in some water.
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers, again if using bamboo skewers, use 2 skewers this helps when turning them over - the shrimp don't spin around.
- Arrange the kabobs in a shallow baking dish.
- In a food processor, combine the 2 cups cilantro, jalapenos, onion, and garlic and finely chop.
- Gradually add the all the juices, olive oil, tequila, salt, sugar, cumin, and pepper until a bright green paste forms.
- Pour this mixture over the shrimp; cover and refrigerate for 30-45 minute Turn the kabobs several times during this marination.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 2 cloves of garlic and 3 Tbs cilantro and cook 2 min or until garlic just begins to soften, stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve, heat grill to medium.
- Drain kabobs and discard the marinade.
- Place kabobs on grill and cook 2-3 min on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Baste the shrimp with the garlic-cilantro butter frequently while grilling.
- You can serve these with lime wedges.