1/3 Photos of Jalapeno Popper Quesadillas
For all you jalapeno popper lovers - this is for you. I love poppers and grow my own peppers so I always have them on hand, but often don't won't to make a few just for me. Also, when entertaining, some of my friends are afraid to try the jalapeno because they think it is too hot. So ... Solution. Same flavors, same ingredients ... all in a quesadilla, lightly grilled, melted and golden brown. They really are very very good. Add a nice Mexican Tortilla soup or creamy Mexican Cheese soup or salad and serve these on the side and a perfect dinner. Or my favorite would be appetizers, or a game day party. Easy and quick. Now I have to admit, I will give you my portions, but by all means, add more jalapenos, more bacon or more cheese depending on your tastes. This is a very forgiving recipe and just is grilled; either on a outdoor grill, indoor grill, saute pan or even baked if you have none of the above options.
My Private Note
Half to ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tortillas
- 4 -5 slices bacon, chopped and sauteed
- 4 jalapenos, seeds and ribs removed (fine minced)
- 4 -6 tablespoons boursin cheese (herb cheese) or 4 -6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer a white cheddar, but not necessary)
- olive oil (to brush on the tortillas)
- 1Tortillas -- Wrap up the 4 of the tortillas in a damp paper towel and heat on medium heat for about 30 seconds. Just until they are slightly warm.
- 2Filling -- Top each of the tortillas with 1 tablespoon of the the herb cheese, (I like to use a good herb cheese, but a cream cheese with chives work, or even one with onions and chives. That is all personal preference), top 1/2 (1 side) of the tortilla with 1 of the minced jalapenos, then 1/4 of the bacon, and 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese. Season with a pinch of both salt and pepper. Fold over the side not filled to make a 1/2 moon shape.
- 3Grill -- Brush each side of the tortilla, with olive oil and either grill, inside or out or bake. They take just a few minutes per side until golden brown and then flip. They don't take long so keep an eye on them. If you use the oven 400 for about 10-12 minutes on a cookie sheet, middle shelf, uncovered. And same thing -- flip half way through the cooking process.
- 4Serve -- You could serve with sour cream if you want, but for me. Nothing is needed. Just slice them in wedges and ENJOY! Cheesy, spicy and creamy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Popper Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.8
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 1079.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: