Jalapeno Popper Chicken Quesadillas
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These quesadillas couldn't be simpler and they pack all the flavor of a traditional jalapeno popper.
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 skinless chicken breast half
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 pinch cumin powder (to taste)
- 1 pinch dried chipotle powder (to taste) or 1 pinch dried ancho chile powder (to taste)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced (or more to taste)
- 4 flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin and chile powder. Add to the same skillet you used for the bacon and cook until both sides are browned and the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and let it rest for a couple of minutes, then cut into thin strips.
- Mix together the cream cheese and the jalapenos. Spread the mixture evenly over the flour tortillas. Top half of each tortilla with a strip of bacon, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and some of the chicken. Fold the top of the tortilla over the filling and press together gently.
- Cook the quesadillas in batches in a skillet coated with cooking spray until both sides are browned. Cut into triangles and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION