Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This corn bread is studded with plenty of goodies: Whole pieces of corn, bits of jalapeno pepper and melted Monterey jack cheese throughout.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar or 8 tablespoons Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (4-ounces)
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- Preheat oven to 375; lightly grease 8-inch-square baking pan.
- Combine corn meal,flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, eggs,and oil in a medium bowl.
- Add to corn meal mixture; stir until combined.
- Stir in cheese, corn, and jalapenos; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until woooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack, serve warm.
Very good. Went great with the chili. I think I will try it next time with sharp cheddar instead of Jack cheese, just because we like a stronger cheese flavor. Thanks for posting this, Barb.