Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Used to eat these every Saturday and Sunday morning when I waited tables during brunch in Uptown New Orleans. They go great with breakfast, brunch or any meal really. delicious!
- 4 cups hot cooked grits (yellow or regular)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, chopped from a jar
- Whisk butter, milk, creole seasoing, pepper, cheddar and jalapenos together with cooked grits until fully combined and creamy.
- You may add more milk and or butter if you desire a fluffy richer flavor.
Nice flavor. A bit hot for my tastes, so I'd add a little less jalapeno.
I loved the grits! So quick and easy to make. You can adjust the heat to your liking. I was going to add a fresh jalapeno as another reviewer did, but didn't have one, so I used the jalapenos from the jar and added a little chopped poblano pepper. Very rich and creamy dish. Thanks for posting!!
These were great. I'm the only one that likes grits in my house, but these reheat well. I used skim milk and 2% cheese and diced 1 whole jalapeno fresh, which adds a nice crunch. Great Job!