Cooking Light's Cheddar Grits
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the milk and water in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Slowly add the grits, stirring well with a whisk. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes until thick. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheddar cheese, butter, salt, and pepper until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had saved this recipe some time back as it looked interesting and then forgot it; while going through my breakfast cook book found it again and finally made it today. What a shame I hadn't done it sooner, everyone loved the creamy, cheesy flavor of these dish and it's so simple and fast to put together. You'd never know it was a lighter version. I made as directed and wouldn't change a thing. It sure won't be that long until I make it again. It did make a LOT, more than 4 servings for this family so I have left overs and will be excited to see how reheated comes out. This is one great recipe.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy cooking, especially baking. I am married, no children though I have a dog Chance, whose internal clock must be Swiss-made as he knows what time dinner should be and is quite the taskmaster if I'm not at least in the kitchen at the appointed time. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">