Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Made up a batch of these sausages this fall. Only wished I made more.
- 1 cup cold water
- 5 tablespoons morton tender quick
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 3 lbs lean ground venison
- 2 lbs pork, trimmings
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, 1/4 inch cubes
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons red chili pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons dried Thai basil
- Mix all ingredients
- Stuff into natural casing.
- refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F (75 degrees C) or freeze till later.