Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posting this recipe found in Cook's Country Magazine in response to a request for recipes to use up all those Tomatoes in the garden. This can also be made with cherry or grape tomatoes that have been cut in half. You can also use the sweeter red bell pepper instead of the green bell pepper depending on your taste.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb tomatoes, cored and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cucumber, seedless, cut in half and cut crosswise in 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 3⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- Whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste in small bowl.
- Place tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, and olives in large bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss until evenly coated. Gently toss in cheese and adjust seasoning.
Great salad, a lovely refeshing combination of flavours for our dinner time side dish. Please see my rating system, a lovely 4 stars :) Thanks!
Lynda this was as good as the greek salad recipe's I have eaten out. I can't thank you enough for a wonderful tasting salad. I doubled all the ingredients and did 3x the marinade. I also left the kalamata olives whole because I luv olives. We are praying for you at this difficult time. Thank you for a great recipe that will be used again and again. GodBlessYou
Lovely Greek salad with a nice light dressing that doesn't overpower the veggies. I used a local Goat milk Feta and the salad was wpnderfil