Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was given a cookbook for Christmas from my friend in Nebraska and I found this recipe in it.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, cut up and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen meatballs, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked vegetables, any combination
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrres.
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Cook and stir in onion, bell pepper, garlic, over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in flour, sugar, salt, basil and black pepper. Slowly blend in tomatoes, meatballs, vegetab;es. bouillon and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbling, pour into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Unroll biscuits, place on top of casserole. Bake uncovered, 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
I saw Blue Rose's photos of this casserole and couldn't resist it looked so good!! and Blue Rose was right it is very easy to put togethr and it is delicious!! DH loved it. I was making heart shaped scones to freeze for Valentine's day so instead of biscuits I used the scones, worked great!! I used turkey meatballs, chicken bouillon and splenda. Thanks for posting, I will be making this again.
Delicious! This is a great quick meal you can make during your week.