"it's a Keeper!" Fish Stick Casserole
There are several versions of this recipe, this is how I make it. My nephews LOVE it! It tastes like cheesey fish sticks, potatoes and a slight taste of creamy tartar sauce all baked into one! :) **If you don't like tartar sauce, simply omit the sweet pickle relish. But we LOVE it just like this! :)
- Ready In:
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash brown potatoes (the cubes, not the shredded)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise (do not sub light)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped fine
- 8 ounces shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 18 mrs. paul select cuts frozen fish sticks
- In lg.
- bowl, stir together all ingredients except for half of the cheese and the fish sticks.
- Spread into 13x9 baking dish.
- Top with frozen fish sticks in 3 rows of 6 longways.
- Sprinkle evenly with the rest of the cheese, spreading, making sure some of it gets down in between and around fish sticks.
- Bake at 350•, uncovered, for about 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with coleslaw and garlic bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Had out-of-town family with young children staying with us over the weekend. Thought this would be something the youngsters would like. They did and the adults didn't mind it either. I used a coarse-grind spicy mustard and added ~1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper to the potato mixture. Very creamy and paired well with the crispy, crusty fish on top. Could play around with seasonings for a more adult palate. As is, definitely a kid pleaser. Thanks.