Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Is this a soup or is this a stew? An absolutely delicious recipe. The mini chicken meatballs and gnocchi are like little mini dumplings that cook right in the soup. Yes, you can use another type of pasta but it won't have the same special creaminess that you get with the gnocchi. Forget the chili, I'm making this at the next football party. This is a hearty, fresh and delicious Stoup!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 package shredded carrot
- 6 cups chicken broth (I prefer Swanson low sodium)
- 1 (16 ounce) packageof frozen gnocchi
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (2 handfuls)
- To make the meatballs it’s really easy. Just mix all the meatball ingredients together in a big bowl and then shape them into walnut sized meatballs (about 40-45) and set aside while you prepare the soup.
- To make the soup, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and add the celery, onions, carrots and cook 5-7 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the broth, cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Once the soup is at a boil, turn down the heat a little and slowly add the little chicken dumplings and simmer for about 10 minutes than add the gnocchi and simmer for another 5 minutes. Now add the peas and parsley and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- The soup is done when the meatballs and gnocchi are cooked through.
Very good soup. Loved the meatballs and gnocchi together.
This review is just for the meatballs, as that's all that I needed this time. These are THE BEST meatballs I've ever made, of any kind! I'm new to cooking with ground chicken so I followed your recipe to the letter. They were perfect...so this is one recipe I will never tweak. I made these meatballs to go with Kittencal's Marinara Pasta Sauce (Vegetarian) and they held up beautifully, dropped into the simmering sauce. Thank you so much Everything Tasty, for sharing your fantastic recipe!
Oh my goodness gracious. The chicken meatballs are f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s!! Seriously good flavor there. I also really love the gnocchi addition to this soup. Yum!! This soup is a winner and well worth making the meatballs (not even difficult). I ended up using 8 cups of chicken broth to balance out the meatballs, gnocchi, etc... I added a little bit of salt and pepper to the finished product. The only thing I will do differently next time is to cut the meatballs and gnocchi in half, because I like smaller bites - personal preference only. This soup is a winner! Made for Spring 2013 PAC.