Prep 30 mins
Cook 36 mins
Simple veggie side dish
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 medium eggplant, peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute onion, green pepper and garlic in hot oil for 3 minutes or until onion is transparent.
- Add zucchini and eggplant.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Lower heat and add vegetable broth, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until slightly tender, adding more broth if necessary.
- Pour tomato sauce over vegetables.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until veggies are tender.
- Sprinkle parsley on top and serve.