Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
Italy meets America for this tasty creation. Splendido! Pesto, mozzarella, ciabatta bread create the perfect combination.
- 4 rolls (Ciabatta preferred-the small variety for individual sized servings-halved for sandwiches)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and diced fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup pesto sauce (or more)
- 2 roasted peppers, sliced (Italian style)
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced (or presliced variety)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced into four thick slices
- Combine turkey, olives, and oregano. Mix well. Form into four patties. Season to taste. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill turkey until done. Just prior to being done add cheese so it will melt.
- Meanwhile toast bread. Spread pesto on the inside of toasted "buns".
- Place cooked turkey patties on bun and top with tomato and roasted peppers.
This brings a loty of flavor to bland turkey! The ciabatta got to be too much bread about half way through. I will do this recipe again with regular buns... Completed for ZWT4.