From Everyday with Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices crusty bread, cut from a wide round loaf (1-inch thick slices)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 3 (8 ounce) tuna steaks, cut into large chunks
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped (a couple of tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 navel orange (2 teaspoons of the zest reserved, then peeled and thinly sliced crosswise)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 slices red onions (thick slicees)
- 8 slices Fontina cheese (thin slices)
- 2 cups shredded radicchio or 2 cups arugula or 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1Preheat a grill pan or grill to medium-high heat.
- 2Drizzle the bread with olive oil; grill bread until toasted (1-2 minutes on each side); rub the garlic all over the bread.
- 3Add the tuna to the container of a food processor; pulse until tuna is ground.
- 4Transfer tuna to a bowl; add in the rosemary, steak seasoning, orange zest, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and a liberal drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil; mix to combine.
- 5Brush the onion slices with olive oil and grill them 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- 6While the onions are cooking, get the burgers ready to go on the grill by forming 4 large patties.
- 7Grill the patties with the lid down for 2 minutes on each side for rare and up to 5 minutes on each side for well-done.
- 8A minute before taking the burgers off the grill, top with an onion slice and two slices of cheese.
- 9Place the grilled bread on a platter; top with the orange slices, radicchio, and burgers.
- 10Season with salt and pepper; enjoy.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Tuna-Melt Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.8
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 129.6 mg
- Sodium 923.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 60.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning