Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great for lasagna and the sauce can be doubled or tripled, the recipe also freezes. Freeze in the amount you would use, 1 to 2 cup containers. Well keep 3 to 6 months.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs Italian sausage, casings removed, meat crumbled
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 lbs fresh plum tomatoes, passed through food mill
- 2 tablespoons mixed Italian herbs or 2 tablespoons basil, oregano, and rosemary combination
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat oil.
- Add sausage and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add shallots and garlic; cook one minute.
- Add tomatoes, herbs and sugar.
- Bring to a fast boil, then simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Stir frequently and skim off fat.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve over pasta.
VERY GOOD>>>>A wonderful sauce!!!!