Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 lbs null or 2 lbs shrimp or 2 lbs clams or 2 lbs mussels or 2 lbs lobsters
- green pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (Italian Style)
- grated cheese
- Sauté onions, celery, and green pepper until tender; then add stewed tomatoes and monkfish.
- Bake in oven at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Before the dish is done, add grated cheese to the top layer and finish baking (5 minutes approximately).
Delicious, and I actually like the free-form approach to ingredient amounts; you can hardly go wrong! I was tempted to add garlic, but I didn't and it doesn't need it. I did add salt and pepper, though, and I like to cut the monkfish into medallions before cooking it; it's more good-looking and user-friendly on the plate.
I made this last night. The sauce excellently complemented the fish and it was so easy to make. My wife even liked the celery. On could possibly spice the recipe up by adding chillis.