Recipe by Mmm! Tastes Like Chicken.
When paired with some pasta, this slight modification to the standard "loaf" makes for a nice meal. And yes, when it comes to meatloaf...a change is sometimes very good.
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey
- 8 ounces lean ground sausage
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 lb broccoli floret
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by pre-heating your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, eggwhites, oats, bread crumbs, garlic and onions.
- Once mixed well, place into a loaf pan and cover with 1 cup of marinara.
- Place into the oven and cook for 50-55 minutes.
- When there's about 15 minutes left for the meatloaf cook, place broccoli in a medium saucepan and add about 1/2 cup of water.
- Place over a burner set on medium to high heat and bring water to a boil.
- Once the water begins to boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and let steam for about 10 minutes. (Or until it has reached your desired tenderness).
- At the same time that you are steaming the broccoli, add about 2 cups of water to a medium pot.
- Bring the water to boil and add the pasta. Cook until it has reached your desired tenderness.
- When the meatloaf is cooked, let it stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- Place an equal amount of meatloaf, pasta and broccoli on 4 separate plates.
- Top each portion of pasta with 1/4 cup marinara sauce.
- TIME TO ENJOY!